Aviva plc (“Aviva” or the “Company”) announces the appointment of Pippa Lambert as Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company with effect from 1 January 2021.
Pippa was previously Global Head of Human Resources at Deutsche Bank where she was responsible for leading the development of a successful and progressive HR transformation programme, focused on improving the group’s culture, diversity and inclusion, and digital agendas. Prior to that, Pippa was Group Head of Reward at the Royal Bank of Scotland from 2011 to 2013 where she worked closely with the RBS Board on the redevelopment and restructure of the Bank’s compensation and benefits programmes.
Pippa will become a member of the Remuneration, Nomination and Governance and Customer, Conduct and Reputation Committees.
We are delighted to welcome Pippa to the Board. Pippa has significant experience working within various global financial services companies. She has an excellent record of delivery across a range of people strategies and transformation programmes. She will be a valuable addition to the Board.
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- Aviva is invested in our people, our customers, our communities and our planet. We were the first international insurer to go operationally carbon neutral in 2006, we have invested £6bn in green assets since 2015 and we are a member of the UN Net Zero Asset Owner Alliance.
- Aviva is a Living Wage and Living Hours employer and provides market-leading benefits for our people, including flexible working, paid carers leave and equal parental leave. Find out more at www.aviva.com/social-purpose
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our international businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion (HY20) and our Solvency II capital surplus is £11.8 billion (Q320). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our spokespeople images, latest B-Roll, podcasts, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on:
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.