Aviva announces the appointment of Danielle Harmer as Chief People Officer, reporting to Maurice Tulloch. Danielle (Danny) will join Aviva in February 2020 and will be a member of the Aviva Leadership Team.
Danny will take responsibility for Aviva’s people agenda: ensuring Aviva remains a great place to work and with a strong customer focused culture.
Danny joins Aviva from Metro Bank where she was Chief People Officer for more than seven years. Danny has over 30 years' experience in the financial services industry, working in senior people management roles at Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group and Halifax.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Danny is another outstanding addition to Aviva’s senior team. Building a culture within Aviva which is more commercial and focused on doing the best for our people and our customers, is central to our future success. Danny brings vision and boundless enthusiasm to this important agenda and I look forward to her joining Aviva.”
This appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our International businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.0 billion (HY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.