Aviva announces the appointment of Danielle Harmer as Chief People Officer, reporting to Maurice Tulloch. Danielle (Danny) will join Aviva in February 2020 and will be a member of the Aviva Leadership Team.
Danny will take responsibility for Aviva’s people agenda: ensuring Aviva remains a great place to work and with a strong customer focused culture.
Danny joins Aviva from Metro Bank where she was Chief People Officer for more than seven years. Danny has over 30 years' experience in the financial services industry, working in senior people management roles at Barclays, Lloyds Banking Group and Halifax.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Danny is another outstanding addition to Aviva’s senior team. Building a culture within Aviva which is more commercial and focused on doing the best for our people and our customers, is central to our future success. Danny brings vision and boundless enthusiasm to this important agenda and I look forward to her joining Aviva.”
This appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
- ENDS -
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £346 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2019). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2018 we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Subscribe to our news alerts by email.
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.