Announcement that Aviva has completed sale of JV in Taiwan.
Aviva plc (“Aviva”) today announces that it has completed the sale of its 49% shareholding in its joint venture in Taiwan, First Aviva Life (“Aviva Taiwan”), to Aviva’s joint venture partner, First Financial Holding Co. Ltd. (“FFH”).
The sale of Aviva Taiwan, which was announced on 13 October 2017, follows a review of the business and Aviva’s strategic decision to refocus its Asian business on core markets where it has opportunities to grow.
Yasmin Saleh +44 (0)20 7662 8710
Peter Thain +44 (0) 7387 234796
Chris Esson +44 (0)20 7662 8115
Diane Michelberger +44 (0)207662 0911
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £340 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £475 billion.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.