Dementia is the 21st century's biggest killer and 1 in 3 babies born now will go on to develop dementia.
In this podcast you can hear how dementia affects people, how it affects their families and what companies like Aviva are doing to help.
- There are over 100 different types of dementia
- Dementia is not a condition in itself - it's a set of symptons caused by different conditions affecting the brain (such as vascular dementia, frontotemporal dementia etc)
- The symptons will affect different people in different ways; each person's dementia experience could be unique
- Every three minutes someone in the UK develops dementia
- By 2021 there will be over 1 million people in the UK living with dementia.
The Aviva Podcast is also available on iTunes, Spotify and most other podcast apps. Just search "The Aviva Podcast"
If you have been affected by dementia and need some support or information, these are places that can help:
- Alzheimer's Society: www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/na…entia-helpline
- National Dementia Helpline: 0300 222 11 22
- Age UK: www.ageuk.org.uk