The Department for Work and Pensions publish the long-awaited Pensions Dashboard consultation and Feasibility Study today.
A pensions dashboard is an online service which will let people see information about their multiple pensions in one place.
Commenting on the Pensions Dashboard consultation published today, Aviva’s head of financial research, John Lawson says:
We welcome the publication of the DWP’s Feasibility Study. We have been long-time supporters of the pension dashboard and have always believed that the industry, with government support, is best placed to deliver it, as the study confirmed today.
We are pleased to see that all private and state pension data will be integrated into the dashboard. It is essential that dashboards provide comprehensive information to savers.
We are also pleased that the government has indicated that providers can develop multiple dashboards. This will create a competitive and innovative environment, which can serve the varied needs of the whole saving population.
We now look forward to engaging with the Single Financial Guidance Body who will establish and chair the delivery body. Strong governance is essential to ensure that dashboards are developed in the public interest and to create the momentum necessary to deliver solutions within a challenging timescale.
01904 452 007
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business.
- Our aim is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. Last year, we paid c.£33 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019) and our Solvency ratio is 195% (3Q19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.