The Department for Work and Pensions publish the long-awaited Pensions Dashboard consultation and Feasibility Study today.
A pensions dashboard is an online service which will let people see information about their multiple pensions in one place.
Commenting on the Pensions Dashboard consultation published today, Aviva’s head of financial research, John Lawson says:
We welcome the publication of the DWP’s Feasibility Study. We have been long-time supporters of the pension dashboard and have always believed that the industry, with government support, is best placed to deliver it, as the study confirmed today.
We are pleased to see that all private and state pension data will be integrated into the dashboard. It is essential that dashboards provide comprehensive information to savers.
We are also pleased that the government has indicated that providers can develop multiple dashboards. This will create a competitive and innovative environment, which can serve the varied needs of the whole saving population.
We now look forward to engaging with the Single Financial Guidance Body who will establish and chair the delivery body. Strong governance is essential to ensure that dashboards are developed in the public interest and to create the momentum necessary to deliver solutions within a challenging timescale.
01904 452 007
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £331 billion in assets (as at 31 December 2018). Total group assets under management at the Aviva group are £470 billion (as at 31 December 2018).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2017, we paid out 98% of all our claims across all our markets and insurance products. We paid £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.