The Company announces that it has today made available to shareholders the Notice of 2020 Annual General Meeting and the Form of Proxy.
Copies of the documents mentioned above have been submitted to the National Storage Mechanism and will shortly be available for inspection at http://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/NSM. The Notice of 2020 Annual General Meeting is available to view on the Company’s website at www.aviva.com/agm.
Impact of Covid-19
The Company’s 2020 Annual General Meeting is scheduled to be held on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 13.30 at the Queen Elizabeth Centre, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3EE.
The Covid-19 pandemic will affect the format of our AGM this year, and our priority is to ensure the health and wellbeing of all stakeholders. In our preparations we will align with government guidance to tackle the spread of the virus, including advice related to public gatherings whilst continuing to review the most appropriate way to engage with shareholders in the proceedings.
We recognise that the current government guidance prohibits all non-essential travel and the gathering of more than two people from different households (the Stay at Home Measures). We fully support the Stay at Home Measures, and therefore shareholders must not attend the AGM in person this year if restrictions on public gatherings remain in force. The AGM will focus on the formal business of the meeting only.
We recognise that the AGM is valued as an opportunity for shareholders to engage with and hear from the Board and we will do what we can within the confines of the government restrictions to support this principle. Instead of attending in person, shareholders are strongly encouraged to exercise their votes by submitting their proxy electronically or by post. To ensure their vote counts, shareholders should appoint the Chairman of the AGM (and not another named person) as their proxy. In addition, if a shareholder has a question that they would have raised at the meeting, we would ask that the question be submitted by email to email@example.com. Full details on registering a proxy or asking a question are available in the Notice of AGM.
We will continue to monitor any changes to government guidance over the coming weeks and will adapt our AGM arrangements accordingly. The Company will communicate any updates to the AGM arrangements via its website www.aviva.com/agm. Shareholders are advised to check the Company’s website for the most up to date position.
The Board would like to take this opportunity to thank shareholders for their support and understanding in these unprecedented times and wish them well as we all navigate the impact of Covid-19.
+44 (0)7800 694 276
+44 (0)7800 694 859
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We operate through five business divisions: Investments, Savings & Retirement; UK Life; General Insurance; Europe Life; and Asia Life; and focus on three strategic priorities: deliver great customer outcomes, excel at the fundamentals and invest in sustainable growth.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £510 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.6 billion (FY19). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.