Aviva plc (“Aviva” or the “Company”) has appointed Mr Jason Windsor as Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director of the Company with effect from 26 September 2019.
Jason became Interim Chief Financial Officer on 1 July 2019 and was previously Chief Financial Officer of Aviva UK Insurance. Jason joined Aviva in 2010 and has extensive experience of the group, including as Chief Capital and Investments Officer, and as a member of the Aviva Leadership Team.
Jason is exceptionally well qualified to be our CFO. He has a proven track record as CFO of our UK business and a deep understanding of Aviva and the markets we operate in. Jason is a very strong addition to the Board and will bring a strong analytical and commercial perspective.
Jason Windsor’s appointment has been approved by the PRA and FCA.
This announcement is made pursuant to Listing Rule 9.6.11.
- ENDS -
+44 (0)20 7662 0215
+44 (0)20 7662 3131
+44 (0)20 7662 8115
+44 (0)20 7662 0911
Jason joined Aviva in 2010 as Strategy and M&A Director.
In 2013 he became Chief Strategy and Development Officer. He was responsible for group strategy, M&A, financial planning and analysis, and group executive oversight of Aviva Investors.
In 2014, Jason was appointed Chief Capital and Investments Officer focusing on group capital, investments, ALM, treasury, and reinsurance.
In August 2016, Jason became UK Life Chief Financial Officer and in October 2017, UK Insurance Chief Financial Officer. During this period, he helped successfully integrate Aviva Life and Friends Life and grow the capital base and remittances.
Before Aviva, Jason spent 15 years at Morgan Stanley, latterly as managing director in the Financial Institutions Group, focusing on corporate finance, M&A, and regulatory capital.
Jason holds a BA in Chemistry from Worcester College, Oxford.
The main elements of Jason Windsor’s remuneration package, which is consistent with the Directors’ Remuneration Policy approved by shareholders in 2018, will be as follows:
- Basic annual salary: £675,000. The next salary review date will be April 2020.
- Pension: Jason will receive pension contributions of 14% of salary in line with the maximum employer contribution level available to the majority of UK based employees.
- Standard benefits, including private family medical insurance and life insurance.
- Maximum annual bonus: 150% of basic salary. Two thirds of any award deferred into shares which will vest in three equal tranches over three years.
- Long-term incentive award: Long-Term Incentive Plan awards are typically 225% of basic salary with awards vesting after three years, and only if specific financial and shareholder return targets are met. There is a further two-year holding period for the awards after vesting. The first award will be granted in 2020, no award will be granted on appointment.
- Shareholding requirements: Jason will be required to build a shareholding in Aviva to the value of 200% of his basic salary and to retain 50% of the net share releases from his deferred bonus and LTIP awards until this requirement is met. At the date of this announcement, Jason holds 417,805 ordinary shares of Aviva and this requirement has currently been met.
- Notice period: 6 months’ notice period by the individual, 12 months by the Company.
In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R (1) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Jason Windsor.
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and manages over £346 billion in assets (as at 30 June 2019). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £501 billion (as at 30 June 2019).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; in 2018 we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Subscribe to our news alerts by email.
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.