Aviva’s Global Corporate & Specialty (GCS) division, which builds tailored insurance solutions for large corporate clients, has agreed a strategic relationship with The Hartford, a leading US insurer.
The Hartford will join Aviva’s multinational network, providing Aviva with full, multi-class capability, enabling Aviva to provide a comprehensive product suite to corporate customers with interests in the US.
Patrick Tiernan, Managing Director of Aviva GCS said: “In today’s commercial insurance marketplace, being competitive means being where your customers are; providing a simple, straightforward solution for Aviva’s UK and Canadian customers beyond our borders; and leveraging the strength of our global network to its fullest advantage.
"This partnership with The Hartford is an important next step for Aviva GCS as we continue to develop and expand our capabilities and provide a first-class service to existing and prospective UK & Canadian customers globally. It marks a step change in proposition for our specialty and casualty classes and will supplement our existing strong capability in property and general liability.
“Like Aviva, The Hartford has more than 200 years of history and shares similar values, making it the ideal partner as we embark on the next phase of our growth.”
Aviva has joined The Hartford’s Global Insurer Network and will service policies for The Hartford’s US-based customers who are doing business in other countries.
“As we continue to expand our multinational capabilities, we are pleased to have Aviva join The Hartford’s Global Insurer Network,” said Mo Tooker, head of Middle and Large Commercial insurance at The Hartford. “Doing business abroad presents a new set of risks and we are committed to providing our customers with comprehensive insurance solutions where they need it.”
About Aviva Global Corporate and Specialty (GCS)
- Aviva GCS is focused on building the right solutions for large clients and their brokers across multi lines of Corporate & Specialty covers, working together to provide a bespoke package that meets their requirements in the UK and across the globe.
- Designed for clients with a turnover of over £100 million, it takes a unique specialty approach in a traditional market; industry-focused with an emphasis on close client relationships, a unique service proposition and leveraging our distribution advantages.
Notes to editors:
- For information on how Aviva is helping our people, customers and communities impacted by COVID-19 visit: www.aviva.com/covid-19-our-response/
- Aviva is a leading international savings, retirement and insurance business. We exist to be with people when it really matters, throughout their lives – to help them make the most of life. We have been taking care of people for more than 320 years, in line with our purpose of being ‘with you today, for a better tomorrow’.
- Our vision is to earn our customers’ trust as the best place to save for the future, navigate retirement and insure what matters most to them. In 2019, we paid £33.2 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33.4 million customers.
- We will focus on the UK, Ireland and Canada where we have leading market positions and significant potential. We will invest for growth in these markets. Our International businesses in Europe and Asia will be managed for long-term shareholder value. We will also transform our performance and improve our efficiency. Our transformation will be underpinned by managing our balance sheet prudently, reducing debt and increasing our financial resilience.
- Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £522 billion and our Solvency II capital surplus is £12.0 billion (HY20). Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE 100 index.
- For more details on what we do, our business and how we help our customers, visit www.aviva.com/about-us
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive. Sign up to get the latest news from Aviva by email.
- You can follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- You can follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.