Aviva’s Global Corporate & Specialty (GCS) division, which builds tailored insurance solutions for large corporate clients, has agreed a strategic relationship with The Hartford, a leading US insurer.
The Hartford will join Aviva’s multinational network, providing Aviva with full, multi-class capability, enabling Aviva to provide a comprehensive product suite to corporate customers with interests in the US.
Patrick Tiernan, Managing Director of Aviva GCS said: “In today’s commercial insurance marketplace, being competitive means being where your customers are; providing a simple, straightforward solution for Aviva’s UK and Canadian customers beyond our borders; and leveraging the strength of our global network to its fullest advantage.
"This partnership with The Hartford is an important next step for Aviva GCS as we continue to develop and expand our capabilities and provide a first-class service to existing and prospective UK & Canadian customers globally. It marks a step change in proposition for our specialty and casualty classes and will supplement our existing strong capability in property and general liability.
“Like Aviva, The Hartford has more than 200 years of history and shares similar values, making it the ideal partner as we embark on the next phase of our growth.”
Aviva has joined The Hartford’s Global Insurer Network and will service policies for The Hartford’s US-based customers who are doing business in other countries.
“As we continue to expand our multinational capabilities, we are pleased to have Aviva join The Hartford’s Global Insurer Network,” said Mo Tooker, head of Middle and Large Commercial insurance at The Hartford. “Doing business abroad presents a new set of risks and we are committed to providing our customers with comprehensive insurance solutions where they need it.”
About Aviva Global Corporate and Specialty (GCS)
- Aviva GCS is focused on building the right solutions for large clients and their brokers across multi lines of Corporate & Specialty covers, working together to provide a bespoke package that meets their requirements in the UK and across the globe.
- Designed for clients with a turnover of over £100 million, it takes a unique specialty approach in a traditional market; industry-focused with an emphasis on close client relationships, a unique service proposition and leveraging our distribution advantages.
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £331 billion in assets (as at 31 December 2018). Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £470 billion (as at 31 December 2018).
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; last year we paid £32.9 billion in claims and benefits on behalf of our 33 million customers.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library on Flickr, research reports and our news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.