Aviva plc (the “Issuer”) announces that notification has been given to the holders of the EUR 500,000,000 6.875 per cent Fixed / Floating Rate Notes (the “Notes’’).
Aviva plc (the “Issuer”) announces that notification has been given to the holders of the EUR 500,000,000 6.875 per cent Fixed / Floating Rate Notes (the “Notes’’) that it shall redeem the Notes in full on 22 May 2018 (i.e. the First Call Date) at their principal amount together with accrued interest to (but excluding) 22 May 2018.
In addition, the Issuer has applied to the Financial Conduct Authority, in its capacity as United Kingdom Listing Authority, to cancel the listing of the Notes on the Official List of the United Kingdom Listing Authority with effect from (and including) 23 May 2018.
Capitalised terms not otherwise defined herein have the meanings given to them in the Terms and Conditions of the Notes.
Nigel Prideaux +44 (0)20 7662 0215
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)20 7662 6700
Chris Esson +44 (0)20 7662 8115
Diane Michelberger +44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
· Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
· In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
· Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
· Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
· By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
· The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
· For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
· Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
· Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
· For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
· We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
More from our Newsroom
Can Aviva see into the future?
18 May 2018
Aviva wins bulk annuity deal with M&S pension scheme
17 May 2018
Voting results of 2018 Annual General Meeting
10 May 2018
8 May 2018
Aviva Ventures invests in Swingvy
3 May 2018
Aviva to commence £600 million share buy-back
1 May 2018
Most people don’t know how to help in a local emergency – until now
30 Apr 2018
Announcement of goodwill payment
30 Apr 2018
Aviva and Now Healthcare Group to offer digital GP service
27 Apr 2018
“Sorry, darling, the freezer’s broken”
27 Apr 2018
Aviva plc to redeem EUR 500,000,000 6.875 per cent Fixed / Floating Rate Notes (ISIN: XSO364908375, Common Code: 036490837)
20 Apr 2018
20 Apr 2018
Record £900m paid to Aviva's protection customers in 2017
17 Apr 2018
Aviva links up with Brightpay
10 Apr 2018
Sarah is addicted to work
6 Apr 2018
Aviva completes sale of Italian JV to Banco BPM
29 Mar 2018