Aviva plc (the “Issuer”) announces that notification has been given to the holders of the EUR 500,000,000 6.875 per cent Fixed / Floating Rate Notes (the “Notes’’).
Aviva plc (the “Issuer”) announces that notification has been given to the holders of the EUR 500,000,000 6.875 per cent Fixed / Floating Rate Notes (the “Notes’’) that it shall redeem the Notes in full on 22 May 2018 (i.e. the First Call Date) at their principal amount together with accrued interest to (but excluding) 22 May 2018.
In addition, the Issuer has applied to the Financial Conduct Authority, in its capacity as United Kingdom Listing Authority, to cancel the listing of the Notes on the Official List of the United Kingdom Listing Authority with effect from (and including) 23 May 2018.
Capitalised terms not otherwise defined herein have the meanings given to them in the Terms and Conditions of the Notes.
Nigel Prideaux +44 (0)20 7662 0215
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)20 7662 6700
Chris Esson +44 (0)20 7662 8115
Diane Michelberger +44 (0)20 7662 0911
Notes to editors:
· Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers.
· In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
· Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £350 billion in assets. Total group assets under management at Aviva group are £490 billion.
· Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2017.
· By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
· The Aviva newsroom at www.aviva.com/newsroom includes links to our image library, research reports and our news release archive.
· For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here www.aviva.com/about-us
· Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
· Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
· For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
· We have a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.
More from our Newsroom
2018 interim results announcement
2 Aug 2018
Launch of goodwill payment scheme
31 Jul 2018
Sun, sea... and the threat of a holiday nightmare
20 Jul 2018
Cranfield FTSE report highlights female under-representation in executive ranks
16 Jul 2018
Cover with confidence: rules of thumb for a successful claim
13 Jul 2018
Challenging a misconception that insurers don't pay out
13 Jul 2018
Nishit Majmudar named “CEO of the Year” at Insurance Asia awards
13 Jul 2018
Aviva completes exit from Spain
11 Jul 2018
Free smartphone dash cam for UK drivers
2 Jul 2018
Dash for dash cams
2 Jul 2018
Aviva UK announces new chair of Independent Governance Committee
21 Jun 2018
Businesses urged to promote parental leave to working dads
15 Jun 2018
Aviva pledges to reduce plastic
5 Jun 2018
UK government appoints Kirsty Cooper industry champion for dormant assets
4 Jun 2018
Aviva’s acquisition of Friends First gets regulatory approval
1 Jun 2018
£90m of UK claims fraud detected by Aviva in 2017 - up 5.4%
28 May 2018