- News releases
- Get e-mail news
- Company information downloads
- Images and logos
- B-roll library
- Report Library
- Europe Pensions Gap
- Mobilising Finance to Support the Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- Money Talks – A sustainable finance policy toolkit
- Money Talks: How Finance Can Further the Sustainable Development Goals
- Climate Change: Value at risk to investment and Aviva’s strategic response
- Consumer Attitude Survey 2014
- Future of Capital
- Roadmap for sustainable capital markets
- Savings project
- Future Prosperity Panel
- The Aviva Blog
- Press contacts
Sustainable Stock Exchanges Initiative: The cost of inaction - recognising the value at risk from climate change.”
Date and Time: Wednesday 9th Dec @12.30pm.
Venue: Workshop Forum, La Galerie des Solutions, Musée de l'Air et de l'Espace - Le Bourget.
- Joakim Reiter- Deputy Secretary-General, UNCTAD (tbc)
- Fiona Reynolds- Managing Director, UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment
- Steve Waygood- Chief Responsible Investment Officer, Aviva Investors
- Monica Woodley- Editorial Director, Economist Intelligence Unit
Background: Financial markets have a key role to play in tackling climate change. However a lack of available data means that markets all too often undermine, rather than support, environmental sustainability. In 2008 UNCTAD, the UN Global Compact, the United Nations Environment Programme and the UN supported Principles for Responsible Investment teamed up to establish the Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) Initiative with the aim of improving sustainability disclosure amongst listed companies. The initiative has been hugely successful with over 40 stock exchanges across the world now seeking to encourage companies to disclose environmental data. However given the scale of the climate challenge, more still needs to be done.
Aviva has been a strong supporter of the SSE since its creation and currently serves as the Chair of the SSE Investor Working Group. We have convened this workshop to discuss:
- The role of stock exchanges in promoting environmental sustainability.
- What policy changes are needed to incentivise sustainable business practices.
- How international disclosure standards can help promote environmental sustainability.
- How to harness the power of the financial markets to promote sustainable development.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org