UK: Aviva announce ten-year general insurance agreement with HSBC
03 Aug 2017
- Ten-year partnership will see Aviva provide a range of general insurance products for HSBC in the UK
- Multi-product bancassurance deal will deliver significant growth opportunities for Aviva’s general insurance business over the next decade
Aviva has signed a significant ten-year distribution deal in the UK with HSBC, to provide a broad range of general insurance products in the UK.
This distribution partnership is one of the UK’s largest general insurance bancassurance deals, and presents Aviva with significant growth opportunities in this market.
HSBC customers will be able to purchase Aviva underwritten home insurance and travel insurance through the bank’s extensive mobile and online channels, the branch network and over the telephone.
The new deal builds on a former five-year agreement with HSBC to provide home and travel insurance.
Andy Briggs, CEO Aviva UK Insurance said:
“I am tremendously pleased to be announcing this new partnership with HSBC to provide customers with a wide range of general insurance products, delivered in ways which are simple and convenient for customers.
“This agreement – one of the largest ever in UK insurance – underlines Aviva’s offering and growth potential in the UK.”
The business will be supported from Aviva’s Perth partnership centre of excellence.
Aviva Press Office: Melissa Loughran: 01904 452791/07800 691947 or Melissa.email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £319 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £34.4 billion in benefits and claims in 2016.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
- Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/aviva-plc
- For the latest corporate films from around our business, subscribe to our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/aviva
- Aviva has a Globelynx system for broadcast interviews. Please contact the Press Officer noted above if you would like to make a booking.