We look after our customers when the bad stuff happens - but we also want to prevent some of those problems from happening in the first place.
All the money in the world isn’t enough to compensate for some losses. Here are some of the ways we’re helping customers protect what matters.
Smog sensors detect invisible threat
Just because you can’t see smog, it doesn’t mean it’s not there. 33 of the 50 most polluted cities in the EU are in Poland, but people living in those cities often aren’t aware of the invisible threat to their health.
Air quality sensors can help, which is why we’re:
- installing outdoor sensors in 150 towns across Poland
- inviting people to vote for us to install one of 100 more sensors where they live
- offering life insurance customers in Poland an indoor sensor, and discounts on in-home air purifiers.
We’re helping people in Poland monitor the air quality where they live. We’re raising awareness of the potential health risks of smog, and the steps people can take to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.
Next generation home security
Through Aviva Ventures, our venture capital business, we’ve partnered with:
- Cocoon, inventor of a smart home security device. Internet and smartphone enabled, Cocoon alerts you to movement and sound in your home. It uses ‘subsound’ technology: low frequency sounds, outside the range of human hearing.
- Neos, inventor of a connected home service. Feel connected to your home when you’re away with smart devices that detect leaks, smoke and intruders and alert you instantly by app. A monitoring team are on hand to respond to alerts even if you can’t. They’ll get help out fast to fix things before they turn into a major heartache.
Minimise leak damage in your home
Through our partnership with HomeServe we were the first insurer to offer LeakBot. It’s a great way to help selected UK customers to detect leaks anywhere in the water mains supply in their home.
LeakBot sends you an alert to your phone if it finds a leak – so you can make sure small leaks don’t become big problems.
The future isn’t just about building a bunker and waiting for the bad things to happen. Prevention is key to helping our customers Defy Uncertainty.
Taking the heat out of fire risk
Electrical fires are the biggest cause of fire in the workplace, causing significant disruption. 70% of businesses that suffer from a major fire do not reopen.
Thermal imaging can help identify potentially dangerous ‘hot spots’ in electrical installations, machinery and equipment. That’s why we give our all our Property Risk Consultants thermographic cameras to help businesses:
- protect employees from injury
- protect property from damage
- reduce unscheduled interruptions to normal trading.
We’ve identified 128 potential faults so far (as at November 2017). Even when we don’t spot faults, customers like the concept of ‘preventative maintenance’. Some are investing in their own thermographic cameras at a discount we’ve negotiated for them.
Prevention: better than cure
We’ve launched the Aviva Wellbeing app to help our own UK employees and our corporate customers’ employees:
- track and improve their health and wellbeing
- identify and target health and wellbeing priorities, such as sleeping better, lowering stress levels, losing weight or simply being more active
- be better equipped to manage specific conditions and fitness priorities by making small, sustainable lifestyle changes.
Almost a third of our UK employees signed up for the app in the first week of launch, with half participating in action plans focused on a specific health need.
We plan to offer our app to more customers soon. Helping people take positive steps to stay fit and healthy tips the balance away from treatment and towards prevention, which benefits individuals and communities.