- Our sustainable business strategy
- Doing the right thing for customers
- Strengthening communities
- Our people
- Climate risk and environmental impacts
- Responsible investment
- Our commitments
- Our stories
- Aviva Community Fund (ACF)
- Good governance
- Reports and performance data
Inspiring Women at Aviva
Women in Finance Charter
At Aviva we firmly believe that diversity amongst our people improves innovation, decision making and the way we deliver for our customers.
We continue to strengthen our focus on improving the gender balance across the Group at every level by supporting and developing the next generations of female leaders. This strongly aligns to our strategic and cultural objectives and priorities. Increased gender diversity will not only lend us business benefits but also enables us to create a wider impact within the society and the economy.
We take immense pride in the fact that our endeavour to be a responsible global organisation ties in so well with the aims of the UK Government’s Women in Finance charter, and we are delighted to have signed the Charter. Our initial targets as a charter signatory are:
- For women to make up 30% of our Group Executive team (consistent with our 30% Club commitment earlier in 2016); and
- To establish the Women in Leadership programme as a key initiative for developing a pipeline of leaders at Aviva who are women.
We are adopting these as a three year commitment, while we remain continuously focused on maintaining and improving the level of representation in key roles at Aviva.
Find out more about our focus on inspiring women at Aviva. Sarah Morris, Aviva’s Chief People Officer discusses our Women in Leadership programme.