All comments submitted to aviva.com are subject to pre-moderation before being published. Below are our house rules for commenting on the site and more information on our moderation process.
We are committed to creating an environment that encourages engagement. We ask all participants to do their part to help us achieve this goal and not post content that:
- is unrelated to the topic being discussed in the forum;
- is threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive or objectionable;
- promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- is religiously or politically inflammatory;
- is fraudulent, deceptive or misleading, or likely to deceive or mislead;
- violates the intellectual property rights of another;
- violates any law or regulation;
- discloses the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual; or;
- can be constituted as spam, including any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, whether commercial or otherwise.
As aviva.com is a global site, all users are requested to be considerate of any potential cultural differences, and engage with others in a polite and respectful manner.
Moderation is performed by people in-house at Aviva rather than an automated system and so moderation response times can vary. Please be patient whilst each comment is checked as we endeavour to moderate and approve or respond to you as quickly as possible.
During moderation we reserve the right to reject any comment that violates our guidelines or that we otherwise determine is not appropriate. We will approve all comments to the site that follow the house rules, whether they are positive, negative or indifferent.
Please note that the content posted by users of the site does not necessarily reflect Aviva's views or opinions.
By posting on aviva.com, you grant Aviva and its affiliates a royalty-free license to use your content in any manner or media, globally, forever, without any obligation to you. This includes the right to use any ideas you submit (including ideas about our products or advertising campaigns) in any manner that we choose, without any obligation to you.
If you work for Aviva please state this in any comments that you post.
Other important information
- Aviva will translate into English any comments received in other language but does not accept liability for any inaccuracies in such translations
- Aviva shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to delete, edit, lock, move or remove any content and/or to remove or suspend the whole or any part of the site without notice and without incurring any liability
- Without limiting the foregoing, Aviva shall have the right without notice to record the IP address from which any content is posted or uploaded to or otherwise transmitted through this site and to lock or remove any content which violates these Guidelines or is or may be irrelevant, out of date, inappropriate or objectionable in any way whatsoever or in respect of which Aviva receives any complaint (whether valid, justified or not)
- If you upload, post or otherwise transmit any content to this site (including, without limitation, if you post a message to a forum, upload files or input data) you are wholly responsible for it
- Please do not register a user account under more than one user name and/or contact details
- In the interest of free speech, you will not bring any action for defamation against Aviva, or any of its group companies or affiliates
- You are responsible for ensuring that all information, data and files are free of viruses or other routines or engines that may damage or interfere with any system or data prior to being submitted