2013 full year results interview with Mark Wilson
06 March 2014
News presenter Jon Sopel interviews Aviva Group CEO Mark Wilson on the company's 2013 performance and the progress of Aviva's transformation, including reduction of the intercompany loan and the importance of creating legacy.
- 0:17 - Aviva's performance in 2013
- 1:46 – Aviva's emphasis on cash
- 2:37 – Expenses – cost savings ahead of plan
- 3:29 - Value of new business (life insurance)
- 4:45 - Combined operating ratio (general insurance)
- 5:31 – Impact of the floods in Canada and the UK, and Aviva's response
- 7:42 - Intercompany loan reduced
- 9:31 – Where is growth going to come from?
- 11:00 – Impact of the global economy
- 11:26 - Dividend
- 12:41 - Management changes
- 13:22 - Short-termism and creating legacy
- 15:22 - Looking ahead