Colm Holmes appointed Chief Finance Officer of Aviva UK & Ireland General Insurance
19 Nov 2013
Aviva today announces the appointment of Colm Holmes as Chief Financial Officer for Aviva’s UK and Ireland General Insurance (UK & I GI) business.
Colm, who joins Aviva from Zurich Insurance Group where he was Group Treasurer and Head of Capital Management, brings a wealth of industry experience to the role and further strengthens Aviva’s UK & I GI leadership team.
Maurice Tulloch, CEO, Aviva UK and Ireland General Insurance, said: “Colm is an exceptional talent and he joins Aviva at an exciting time for the GI business. Appointing someone of Colm’s calibre and experience to my executive team will help us deliver Aviva's financial goals of improved cash flow plus growth. I’m delighted to welcome him to Aviva."
Pat Regan, Aviva’s Group Chief Financial Officer, also welcomed Colm, saying: “Colm is a great addition to the UK & Ireland GI executive team and given his impressive experience in wider finance roles, I also see him adding bench strength to the broader finance community at Aviva. I look forward to working with Colm as part of my Finance Executive Team.”
Colm joins Aviva with a considerable level of experience. While at Zurich, he held responsibility for managing the run off of Centre Solutions, a US$10 billion business at the time of going into run-off which underwrote Finite Reinsurance, Life and Health Reinsurance and Credit Enhancement transactions.
Colm said of his appointment, “I’m tremendously excited to join the UK’s largest general insurer. Aviva has a fantastic reputation as a respected insurer and formidable competitor, as well as its strong brand and great people. I look forward to working with Maurice, Pat and the rest of the executive team on taking Aviva to the next level.”
Colm’s appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
James Leach +44 (0)207 662 0253
About Colm Holmes
Colm Holmes has been Treasurer of Zurich Insurance Group since November 2011. Mr. Holmes was responsible for driving the strategy of Zurich's Group Treasury, in particular by optimising its capital structure and strengthening its balance sheet.
Prior to this role, Colm was the Chief Executive Officer at Zurich's Centrally Managed Business (CMB) and Head of Zurich Banking Group. Before that he served as the Chief Executive Officer of CMB Europe and Chief Operating Officer for Zurich's Centre Solutions in New York and Dublin.
Mr. Holmes joined Zurich in 2001 from JP Morgan.
He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business from Trinity College Dublin, is a Chartered Accountant (ACA) and a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Aviva provides insurance, savings and investment products to 34 million customers worldwide.
- We are the UK’s largest insurer with over 14 million customers and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- Aviva is working in partnership with Railway Children through the Aviva Street to School programme to get children living or working on UK streets back into everyday life, especially education. Find out more at www.aviva.co.uk/street-to-school.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes company information and a news release archive.
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva-2013/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc