Aviva completes the sale of RAC
30 Sep 2011
Further to its announcement dated 23 June 2011, Aviva plc has today completed the sale of RAC Limited, the second largest UK roadside assistance provider, to The Carlyle Group for £1.0 billion*.
Nigel Prideaux +44 (0)20 7662 0215
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Charles Barrows +44 (0)20 7662 8115
David Elliot +44 (0)20 7662 8048
Notes to editors:
- Aviva is the world’s sixth largest insurance group, serving customers across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific
- Aviva’s main business activities are long-term savings, general insurance, and fund management, with worldwide total sales** of £47.1 billion and funds under management of £402 billion at 31 December 2010
- We are the largest insurance services provider in the UK and one of the leading providers of life and pensions products in Europe
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
* The headline price is gross of separation costs and certain retained liabilities, and will be subject to customary completion adjustments.
** Based on 2010 published life and pensions PVNBP on a MCEV basis, total investment sales and general insurance and health net written premiums, including share of associates' premiums.