Our strategic framework
Our strategic framework focuses on the things that really matter and puts the customer at the heart of all we do. It provides clear direction across all our markets for how we run our business and helps us to deliver our Investment Thesis of cash flow plus growth.
True customer composite
Meeting all customer needs across life, general, accident & health insurance and asset management
Emphasising customer experience driven by digital – online and mobile
Focusing only in markets and segments where we can win
Our values and our people
To provide the best possible service to our customers today and in the future, Aviva must disrupt, lead and transform the industry. And it is our people who will achieve this by living our values every day:
We care like crazy about our customers, our communities and each other
We are obsessed with making things simpler for our customers and each other
We are driven to think bigger and do better for our customers and each other
We strive to create a sustainable future for our customers and each other
Our People strategy
We are accelerating the delivery of Aviva's ambition from the inside out
To provide our customers with the best possible products and services, today and in the future, we must enable our people to accelerate the delivery of Aviva’s strategy. We will do this by giving them the right tools, and the freedom to do the best work of their lives so that we can successfully compete in a fast-changing marketplace.
Our People goals
- Leadership for today and tomorrow
Make leadership a way of life at Aviva where our people are empowered to deliver Aviva’s strategy, think independently, take accountability and inspire outperformance.
- Equip our people to make good decisions every day, applying sound judgment rooted in our values, while balancing risk and results
- Drive a results-oriented, performance culture
- Reinvent the way we identify, select and develop managers and leaders; create bench strength and a strong succession pipeline.
- Agile Aviva
Create competitive advantage by fostering the skills and capability to anticipate and respond to fundamental changes in the world around us.
- Make clear choices on the strategic mix, location, cost, quality and capability of future resources
- Value diverse career paths, underpinned by a culture of development; build the infrastructure to enable our people to do brilliant work
- Foster an environment which values difference.
- Enabling Great Customer Outcomes
Equip our people to disrupt, lead and transform the industry.
- Drive engagement and pride in the role we play in customers’ lives
- Reward and recognise how we anticipate customer needs and deliver customer outcomes as a True Customer Composite
- Develop outstanding digital capability which will disrupt the industry; encourage creative problem-solving, speed and flexibility, and a philosophy of test-and-learn.