2015 full year results
- Operating profit1,2: up 20% to £2.7 billion
- Final dividend: up 15% to 14.05p
- Life insurance: value of new business up 24%3,4 to £1.2 billion – 12 consecutive quarters of growth
- General insurance: best combined operating ratio2 in 9 years – at 94.6%
- Aviva Investors: fund management operating profit up 33% at £105 million
- Solvency II ratio5: 180% - one of the strongest and most resilient in the UK market
- Friends Life integration: £168 million of run-rate synergies secured.
“2015 was about stability and growth at Aviva, against a background of market volatility and uncertainty. Aviva is now a stronger and more focused business. We have completed the fix phase of our transformation. We enter 2016 from a position of strength. Our focus remains on transforming our business and delivering on our commitments.”
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer
Aviva Capital Markets Day 2016
Aviva plc holds its Capital Markets Day 2016 at St. Helen's in London on 6 July 2016.
- Life insurance
- General insurance
- Accident & Health
- Asset management
Our size and scale:
- £31bn Claims & benefits paid to customers in 2015
- £327bn Life managed assets
- 320 years Protecting our customers
- 33m Number of customers
True customer composite
We are a true customer composite, offering our customers life, general, accident and health insurance and asset management. We are the only composite of scale in the UK.
We put digital first - this is how we capitalise on being a true customer composite. We have to think Digital First across all our distribution channels - it's how customers want to do business with us.
We focus our resources where we can be most competitive. We are not everywhere, but will focus on a select number of markets where we have scale and profitability or a distinct competitive advantage where we can win.