Third quarter 2015 update
- Value of new business up 25%¹ – eleventh consecutive quarter of growth
- Combined operating ratio improved to 94.0%
- £91 million of run-rate synergies against £225 million target – ahead of plan
- AIMS Target Return Fund recorded 6.6% return over past 12 months
- Resilient capital position: economic capital surplus2 of £10.1 billion
“We are maintaining the momentum of Aviva’s transformation with a further quarter of improved performance. This consistency is important as we transform and grow Aviva.”
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer
- Life insurance
- General insurance
- Accident & Health
- Asset management
Our size and scale:
- £24.6bn Paid in benefits and claims in 2014
- £1.4m Paid out per day for UK life insurance and critical illness claims
- £328bn Life Managed Assets
- 319 years Protecting our customers
True customer composite
We are a true customer composite, offering our customers life, general and health insurance and asset management. We are the only composite of scale in the UK.
We put digital first - this is how we capitalise on being a true customer composite. We have to think Digital First across all our distribution channels - it's how customers want to do business with us.
We are not everywhere, but will focus on a select number of markets where we have scale and profitability or a distinct competitive advantage where we can win.