2015 full year results
- Operating profit1,2: up 20% to £2.7 billion
- Final dividend: up 15% to 14.05p
- Life insurance: value of new business up 24%3,4 to £1.2 billion – 12 consecutive quarters of growth
- General insurance: best combined operating ratio2 in 9 years – at 94.6%
- Aviva Investors: fund management operating profit up 33% at £105 million
- Solvency II ratio5: 180% - one of the strongest and most resilient in the UK market
- Friends Life integration: £168 million of run-rate synergies secured.
“2015 was about stability and growth at Aviva, against a background of market volatility and uncertainty. Aviva is now a stronger and more focused business. We have completed the fix phase of our transformation. We enter 2016 from a position of strength. Our focus remains on transforming our business and delivering on our commitments.”
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer
- Life insurance
- General insurance
- Accident & Health
- Asset management
Our size and scale:
- £31bn Claims & benefits paid to customers in 2015
- £327bn Life managed assets
- 320 years Protecting our customers
- 33m Number of customers
True customer composite
We are a true customer composite, offering our customers life, general, accident and health insurance and asset management. We are the only composite of scale in the UK.
We put digital first - this is how we capitalise on being a true customer composite. We have to think Digital First across all our distribution channels - it's how customers want to do business with us.
We focus our resources where we can be most competitive. We are not everywhere, but will focus on a select number of markets where we have scale and profitability or a distinct competitive advantage where we can win.